Congratulations to Drs. Bahar, Jernigan, and Dill who published a book with Garland Science titled, Protein Actions.
- Introduces quantitative approaches for studying protein structure and function
- Emphasizes fundamental concepts and theories of protein science
- Gives the full breath of physical principles and bioinformatics and molecular modeling/simulation tools in the field
- Illuminates how proteins act and interact
- Ends with a synopsis on the role of computations in advancing biology
Photo: Dill, Bahar and Jernigan (from left to right) at the celebration held at the Biophysical Society Meeting in New Orleans on February 14, 2017.
TECBio (http://tecbioreu.pitt.edu/) is an NSF-funded, 10-week, summer, REU program hosted by the Department of Computational and Systems Biology that provides a challenging graduate-level research experience in computational biology.
Last year, we completed our 7th summer of TECBio and applied for a renewal. We’re very happy to announce that we were awarded 4 more years of the program! We will be funded until 2021.
Thanks to Joseph Ayoob (PI), Chakra Chennubhotla (CO-PI), the rest of Team TECBio, our mentors, and our students for all of their efforts in creating and maintaining a successful undergraduate program. We look forward to the next 4 years of research and training with the future generation of scientists!